Saturday, February 4, 2017

State of the Channel: February 2017

I am a little late making my State of the Channel post, but here it is now. Enjoy.

February 2017 Schedule

Week of 2/5: The Bowling Green Massacre (That Never Happened)
Week of 2/12: Map? (or bye week)
Week of 2/19: Plausibility Review: The Domination by SM Stirling
Week of 2/26: Map?

So as you can probably tell from my upcoming video, current events are pushing me to change my schedule once again. To be honest I didn't think I would be covering a government official saying something stupid so soon after my video on San Escobar...but here we are.

After that I may either post a map analysis video or skip that week. That's because I may need more time to do justice for "Plausibility Review: The Domination by SM Stirling". This is one of most analyzed alternate histories ever created and I want to make sure I do it justice and I may need more time then I usually give myself.

As always, this schedule is subject to change.

A Comment on Banning

In these divisive times I am doing my best to not discourage people from being honest with me on social media or the comment section of my videos...but do you want to know a sure fire way to get yourself banned going forward? Saying something like: "You are bias! Either change or I am leaving."

That always reminds me of a kid who doesn't like how the game is being played and thus threatens to take his ball and go home if you don't start playing "right". In some of my videos I do try to be neutral and present different points of view, but there are times when that is not possible for me. Occasionally I will tell you what I think and you are more than willing to disagree with me. In fact I encourage it, but I will not change my views or hide it just to keep you as a viewer. That said I will always try to back my statements with facts, hence why I always cite my sources in the credits.

I'm thankful for everyone who has joined me on this journey from blogger to YouTuber and I hope I can continue to present you great videos about alternate history and related topics while I continue to learn more about making videos. I appreciate your input and if I ever offend you, I'm sorry. You have every right to stop subscribing to me, but for both our sakes, if you want to leave, then just leave. No need for an angry comment causing me to figure out how to block you from Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Most Viewed Video from January 2017



No comments:

Post a Comment